Tuesday, July 10, 2007

WEEK 11 POST-OP: FREEDOM AT LAST!!!!

WOOF WOOF! That's all I can say! Dr. Dew took x-rays of me today and told me my bone was 100% healed! There is new bone growth around the plate and you can see fatty tissue around the knee cap that Dr. Dew said will be absorbed into the bone and also indicates normal joint fluid, etc. (mom may have the words wrong, but the news was all good). Basically, I can now be off leash...yeah you heard me right! I can even play with my sis and foster buddies (well he said for the next 3-4 weeks to take it slow off-leash: maybe 5 minutes of romping and running week 1, then 10 minutes next week, then 20 minutes the 3rd week, and then no worries). I'M SO EXCITED! He told mom to let me regulate myself...that I might be sore, but that my bones are strong. He also said that swimming would be a great way to build endurance (mom's looking into it- no lake right around here, but she's looking for alternatives). Oh I have longed for this day! Dr. Dew and staff are absolutely INCREDIBLE and I can't thank them enough for giving me my life back! I'll let you know how I do with my new found FREEDOM! Good luck all of you that are recovering... Your day is near!

No comments: